Monday, August 26, 2013

Trading for Transparency - An answered prayer

This is for me.
This is for you.
 
For those of us who are waiting for a very desperate prayer to be answered.
But sometimes in the waiting, feel like God has forsaken us.
He has so many children, uttering so many prayers, praises.
Pleas for Him to intercede.
Groans for Him to be near.
 
Be encouraged friend,
He knows me,
He knows you.
 
He answers prayers.
 
Last year, on November 28, I wrote this post.
Choosing transparency and honesty about our struggles instead of feeling the need to consistently portray a sunny smile.
And in doing so, creating barriers, warding off encouragement, sending signals that all was well and we didn't have a need or worry in the world.
If you haven't read it, I would love to share it with you.
 
I finally let my guard down, choosing transparency,
and shared some very real needs with a friend.
She prayed with me, comforted me, loved me.
At the close of the post, I implored readers to find someone to confide in.
Someone with whom they could share their burdens.
I know the peace and rest that comes with sharing, but I also know the boldness it takes.
 
In response to my post, I received an email.
It is the only email I have received that has sent me straight to me knees.
You can read it here.
A sweet reader shared her heart that had been broken with the loss of her little girl with Down Syndrome.
 
Today, almost 9 months later, we still talk frequently.
Here is her latest email (names omitted to protect privacy).
 
Hi Jennifer,
 
Things are GREAT! We are growing beautifully! I am currently 27 weeks this Friday and start my 2 week check ups the first week of September. At our last visit she weighed in at around 1.2 pounds.
 
Words can't express how thankful I am for the continued support and prayer I know you've had for me. Life can really catch up with us and the business is overwhelming at times. And as I'm typing this, I am reading our last email. You didn't know boy or girl, but as you can see in the above sentence....IT'S A GIRL!
 
I still keep up with your blog often, and cannot believe how big Baker has gotten! He is adorable on every level imaginable and I know a true blessing to you.
 
Aside from having to endure the 3 hour glucose screen since my first was abnormal, I've had a smooth pregnancy. Aside from the slight pains and discomfort with a growing belly...I have no complaints at all...just thankfulness!
 
Thank you for checking in on me, and remembering us through this special time in our lives. You and your family hold a special place in my heart.
 
With love,
Faithful Blog Reader
 
Be encouraged.
You are His.

He is real.
He is faithful.
His timing is better.
His ways are greater.
His thoughts are higher.
 
"He knows my name,
He knows my every thought,
He sees each tear that falls,
and hears me when I call."
 
"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father's care. And even the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."
Matthew 10:29-31
 

No comments:

Post a Comment