Saturday, August 24, 2013

A barnyard birthday party and a playdate

We made it through our first full week of school and work.
Yippee skippy!
 
It was a wonderful week, but I am so, so, glad it's the weekend!
I love the weekends anytime, but I cherish them even more during the school year.
 
We were invited to a birthday party for Baker's friends,
Elijah and Reagen at The Barnyard.
 
 I donned Baker in his Carhartt overalls, threw one of his DD's red bandannas in his pocket, and off we went!
 
I had seen other people's pictures and heard plenty about this fabulous petting zoo,
but we had never visited.
I'm so glad we finally had the chance!
They have fish to feed, a boat to take  out on the water, llamas, goats, calves, horses, ponies, donkeys, pigs to bottle feed, chickens and bunnies to pet.
A child's paradise!
 
I was honestly a little unsure of how Baker would respond to it all.
Why I keep worrying about such petty things is beyond me.
 
He loved it!
 
 
The calf was moo-ing beside him, so Baker moo-ed back.
So precious!


 
Baker kept looking at these animals and back at me with the funniest expression.
I can only imagine he was saying,
"God sure did make those things silly looking,
and don't even get me started on how they talk."

 
At some point, one of Baker's overall straps came undone.
It was hot.
We were at a petting zoo in the middle of nowhere.
I had sweat dripping in places a lady like myself should not have sweat dripping.
In the words of Honey Boo Boo, "You better redneckonize."
There were things more important than an overall strap.  
And he looked pretty cute, if I do say so myself.
Redneck it up, baby boy.



 
I love this!
And to think I almost didn't put him on the pony because I didn't think he'd like it.
Thank you, Laura for encouraging me to "just try" and for this picture I will love forever!

 
The birthday kiddos!
Happy Birthday, Eli and Reagen!

 
And the party, we came home and crashed.
After our first week back, we were zonked!
 
Then we got ready for our playdate with Kristen and Dawson.
I had been looking forward to this all week!
And when Kristen suggested staying at home to play, I was giddy!
I love going, going, but being at home with friends was just right.
No bags to pack, or traffic to fight.
And air conditioning.
Enough said.
 
Goldfish were shared, songs were sung, days of the week were recited,
the entire cast of Thomas, Chuggington, and Cars were introduced,
memories were made, tight squeezes were shared, laughter filled the room.
I caught myself several times taking a deep breath, smiling a goofy smile, and offering a silent thank you for the blessing of these boys and for the precious friendship Kristen and I share.
 
 
 One more weekend day.
And somehow, as good as today was, I know tomorrow will be better.
As much as I love Saturdays, I LOVE Sundays!
 
"Better is one day in Your courts than thousands elsewhere."

No comments:

Post a Comment