Sunday, May 12, 2013

Baker's First Birthday and a Letter from His Daddy

A few days before Baker's first birthday, we took
 smash cake pictures at home.
I had planned to have these done professionally,
but Baker got sick and they couldn't reschedule before his birthday.
So, we set up shop in our living room,
clothed Baker in a ridiculously precious outfit from Fuzzy Cheeks Boutique on Etsy,
and used the top tier of the cake from his baby shower.
And had a smashing good time!






This has been the most perfect week.
Tending to this detail and that.
But not getting too caught up in the details.
It has been Baker's birth week.
And celebrate his birth we have.

I have told him his birth story as we rocked to sleep,
kissed his sweet cheeks, that have only gotten sweeter and more kissable this past year,
celebrated where we were, and where we are,
reminisced, and reflected, and offered much thankfulness for the blessing of our baby boy.
I've been a mushy mess all week!

We decided to have Baker's party on his actual birthday.
We had a wonderful time celebrating with friends and family.
Baker was a little under the weather,
so the new theme was
"It's my party and I'll cry if I want to!"
For all those who question whether Baker does anything but smile,
we have pictures to prove it!

Regardless, it was a beautiful day.
Perfect weather, sweet guests to help us party for Baker's first, too much food,
too many gifts.
It was an absolutely beautiful day.

"A Year of Firsts, A Year of Fun,
Our Baker Boy is One!"






 















 


















And after it all, we slept.
And slept some more.
Then woke up this morning and had a blast playing with all of his loot.
We are so grateful for the love of friends and family.

Baker arrived early, as most of you know.
And I am so glad he did, for so many reasons.
One of the greatest - I get to celebrate Mother's Day alongside his birthday.
Like I said, a mushy mess!

_________________________________________________________________________________


Hey boy, 

A year? Really? I cannot believe you have been with us for a whole year. What a ride it has been, the sleepless nights, mini vacations to the hospital, giggle fits and, oh, the smiles! Smiles on your face, on your mommy's face, and on mine. 

It has been amazing to see the lives you have touched. As I read the letters from close friends whose lives you have touched I am...speechless. Your instant effect on people is amazing. I am so very proud of you in so many ways and I can't wait to see what the rest of your life will hold, however, your mama would have a fit if I wished it away!

I cannot believe it's been a year. What a great year. 

You have surpassed every expectation I ever had of you being my son and me being your daddy. Nothing in the world could be better. 

I love you my boy. Happy birthday to you. 

Love, 
Dad



No comments:

Post a Comment