Sunday, January 6, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans

And by shenanigans, I mean totally shenanigan-free
and totally lazy and totally fabulous.
Or, as the cool kids say, "totes fab, y'all!"

Friday was a doozy.
After a lovely Christmas vacay lasting fourteen blissful days,
we returned to the real world.
Bake at school and the grown ups at work.
By 11:00, I was longing to scoop up my little and rush home to our recently established routine, which was free of any routine at all.

Friday night, Brian and I went on a date.
It had been so long since we had gone anywhere, just the two of us.
We love outings with Baker; but, it was nice to listen to real music on the drive, not have to carry multiple bags on each arm, and have conversation at a normal adult volume and in an appropriate-for-public-tone. My mommy voice is a tad annoying to anyone over the age of 12 months. And I smelled good. Instead of being perfumed with spit up, or Boudreaux's, I smelled of soap, and lotion, and perfume (that lasted all of five seconds after we picked up Baker - but that's neither here nor there).

I'm not gonna lie. I checked my phone 118 times to see if I had missed a text about him. I knew he was fine. But you know me, worry, worry, worry. Too much worry!
It was a great night with my biggest love.

Baker may or may not have slept in our bed Friday night to make up for our time away.
A day and a night is just too much!

Saturday was rainy and cold and ick. Brian went hunting, and Baker and I stayed inside and played and napped.
Glorious day!
I heart Saturdays.

During his naps, I watched Three Men and a Little Baby and Three Men and a Little Lady.
I heard Tom Selleck is up for making a third.
And I, for one, would be totally up for this.
And in honor of this potential movie,
Brian and I are singing Baker to sleep tonight in true Three Men and a Little fashion.



"I hate to leave you, but I really must say, Goodnight Sweetheart. Goodnight!"

No comments:

Post a Comment