Friday, January 25, 2013

Favorite Things Friday

This is how Baker sleeps at home.
And that's because my little social butterfly will not sleep at school.

My King of Catnaps is now King of Will Not Nap.
It makes for short evenings.

He is currently going to sleep around 6:30
in the evening and sleeping for almost 12 hours.
I know, I know, I am supposed to enjoy this.
Celebrate this.
Be thankful he's sleeping.
Blah. Blah. Blah.

And I am.
A little.
But when we don't get home until after 5:00
and he's asleep by 6:30.
Cue sprint in the door, throw the babe a few bites of butternut squash,
bathe, lotion, powder, diaper, read,
sing one and a half stanzas of a favorite song, rock and
before you know it, it's "Bye, Bye Bake, see you next day."
Sheesh.
It's tough stuff.
I know my tune will change when he's up every 17 minutes throughout the night.
But for right now, a little less chit chat to that adorable little 6 month old in the neighboring swing, and a little more nappy nappy is the song I'm singing.
There are definite perks.
Holding a sleeping babe - I'm convinced there's absolutely nothing better.
In his sleep, Baker has full-belly, body-shaking laughs.
He is the best snuggler.
He takes these big, deep breaths. Breaths that breathe security, peace, comfort.
I like this.
Him knowing he is safe in my arms.
Spending time with my biggest love.
We have just started a devotional together - The Love Dare.
Incredible.
Time with one another in God's word.
Praying together.
Sharing together.
Incredible.
I guess I can change my tune a little.
My sweet friend, Patti, shared a book with me today.
Karen Kingsbury's Let Me Hold You Longer.
It's a poignant reminder of the preciousness of a child's life.

I'm sure, like all stages, this one will be too short-lived.
And I have promised not to rush a single one.
I will cherish each one.
Celebrate each one.
Because each one is a gift.

Baker Boy, we'll just call you Rip.

No comments:

Post a Comment