Sunday, June 16, 2013

We're on the Move and Father's Day

Some very sweet friends, armed with muscles, trucks, and trailers, arrived early yesterday morning to help us move out of our first home.
Honestly, not a single picture was taken.
While I wasn't chasing a rambunctious one year old, I was packing boxes.
It was a wonderfully busy day.
Our friends and family that helped with the move proved to be invaluable.
We certainly could not have pulled it off without their help.
At one point, there was a lull in the day, and they mowed our grass.
We are beyond blessed.
I am so thankful for such great friends.

I will so miss the friends and family here in Columbus, but promise we will NOT be strangers!
I love this small town and all who call it home.
Last night, all we had remaining in our home were Baker's high chair, Baker's rocking chair, Baker's bed, and our guest bed mattress and box springs.
We wanted to keep Baker's schedule and nightly routine as consistent as possible.
As for us, we pulled the mattresses into the living room and had a campout!
We woke up this morning to an empty home, void of furniture and other contents, but teeming with love.
Baker and I gave Brian his Father's Day card and gifts while sitting on our makeshift bed.
We are sending him deep sea fishing during our beach vacay!
 

He laughed every time he saw his picture on the card like it was the funniest thing he had ever seen.



We went to church and had the special blessing of hearing the word of God in a mighty way.
Our message was out of Joshua, and while it is Father's Day, the message was for all followers of Christ to be bold and courageous for His kingdom.

After church, we went to BeBe and Poppa's home for lunch.
We love afternoons spent with family, especially when good food is involved!

Baker and his Great Grandaddy Bell.
We love this man.


Four generations of Bell boys.


They look a little different than this time last year, but their focus clearly hasn't changed.



Before the downpour, we went outside to see all the new plants BeBe and Poppa had planted and take a few pictures.

I love these two more than words could ever express!



He never, ever sits still.
Unless he's sleeping.
These two are much more real life.
When he's with me, he's reaching for Daddy.
When we're sitting, he begs to stand.
Always on the go.
And all boy.
And always making us smile.
And I wouldn't trade it for anything!



The move this weekend left me a little nostalgic,
and even though we're still here and technically the move is moving me home, I feel a little homesick at the thought of leaving.
We said all along the move would be bittersweet, and very purposeful.

As we celebrated fathers and family today, I was reminded of God's love.
And His presence in our lives, wherever He may lead us.
As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
In Columbus, MS. In Tuscaloosa, AL.
Wherever He may lead us.
We will serve the Lord.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment