Friday, November 23, 2012

Giving Thanks

Our holiday started with a craft.
A bib for Baker's first Thanksgiving Dinner.
 
This was comical.
My stomach hurt from laughing as we tried to manipulate Baker's teensy weensy painted hand to resemble a turkey.

 
Memories made.
A keepsake I will forever cherish.
I am so thankful for this little hand.
Baker's First Thanksgiving
 
We headed out Thursday morning for Thanksgiving with Brian's family.
 
Baker with his great grandmother.
 

 
I love this little crooked grin.

 
Boy wants to go so badly.

  
Little Boy just couldn't hang.
Being the center of attention is exhausting.

 
Then we made our way towards Tuscaloosa to see more family.
 
 
 
 
The camera was put down here.
Picture taking played second fiddle.
 
I was too busy playing catch up with family.
And watching an intense bow competition between brother and sister shooting Tom the Turkey in the backyard.
And sampling Mom's sweet potato casserole - it's truly divine.
And seeing everyone love on Baker.
And watching family do what family does.
 
Our family has celebrated Thanksgiving with my aunt and uncle every year for as long as I can remember. We've gathered together in Indiana, Florida, and now Alabama.
 
Time with family is so sweet.
 
Enjoying a little Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving.
It's just not Thanksgiving without Farmer McNugget.
 

 
We have a tradition at Thanksgiving dinner.
We go around the table and give each person the opportunity to give thanks.
It's incredible to hear each person, from my seven year old cousin to my eighty-nine year old grandfather, celebrate life and give glory to God for His many blessings.
 
We all left the dinner table a little fuller.
Full stomachs.
Full hearts.
Full.
 
I am abundantly grateful.
Somehow, someway, each year gets a little sweeter.
This time last year, I was celebrating news of a baby on the way.
This year, I am holding my dream come true.
 
We may or may not have joined the crowds for Black Friday shopping at midnight in matching t-shirts.
Yep, my mom's cooler than your mom.
 
Brian and I drove home today and reminisced of the wonderful time spent with family.
Time with grandparents who are smitten with their new great grand.
Time with aunts, uncles, and cousins stretching the length of the map.
Time with family who love and give and bless.
 
"Count your blessings,
Name them one by one.
Count your many blessings,
See what God has done."
 
A few pictures courtesy of my fabulous aunt.
She's also a fabulous photographer, Mardi Gras hostess, navel orange grower.
She's pretty great.
 
Baker loved Madeline's hair. Who wouldn't?
Those curls are to die for!
 
 

 
My sweet not-so-little brother.
I love this kid.

 
Baker with his great grandfather, "Paw Paw."
This picture is so special to me.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment