Friday, November 16, 2012

Favorite Things Friday

 
Favorite Thing Number One
 
This kid.
His daddy dressed him for school.
Can you tell?
Carhartts and a Bama beanie.
Yep.
Total hubs move.
Favorite thing about my Friday and most everyday.
 
 
 
Favorite Thing Number Two
 
Little Bit and I will be out of school all next week.
I can hardly contain my excitement.
One entire week at home with my little!
Did I mention I am excited about this?
 
Favorite Thing Number Three
 
They call my boy the "Preacher Man" at school.
All day long, the swing as his stage, he preaches his sermons.
To his friends. To his teachers. To anyone who will listen.
The hand gets going,
The words start flowing,
And like any Baptist preacher, not eyes on the clock, growling stomachs, nor fidgeting from the audience will deter him from speaking what's on his mind.
 
I love it.
They said he might never talk.
And my boy doesn't stop.
 
Favorite Thing Number Four
 
This season of giving thanks.
I plan to do a post closer to Thanksgiving,
but I am bursting with gratitude right this very minute.
 
I opted not to do the thankful posts on Facebook,
instead committing daily to telling those I love the most how thankful I am for them.
 
Today, I am thankful
that God is reigning on His throne,
that I am saved by grace,
that His Word breathes life,
that I have a husband, my best friend, who makes me a better person -
and he's smokin' hott too, y'all,
that my Baker has made my dream of becoming a mommy come true,
that my family, my oh so precious family, loves me in spite of my daily failures,
that my friends use group texts to make us feel like we all live in the same city instead of being scattered across three states,
that I have a job where I get to live out my passion of educating children
and their teachers,
that I have clothes to fold, a bed to make, and dishes to unload,
that I have a warm home filled with precious memories.
 
"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever."
Psalms 107:1
 
Happy Friday, folks!
May this day be filled with all of your favorite things.

No comments:

Post a Comment