Friday, January 2, 2015

Twenty Weeks!


 
I cannot believe we are twenty weeks (or fewer, if he's an early bird like Baker) from meeting our baby boy. He's kicking up a storm now, and I am falling more in love with him every day. I think he's scheming up a plan to come out as wild as his big brother. I am equal parts terrified and over the moon excited about two boisterous boys!

What I'm Eating - I am mostly into several small meals, as indigestion has become a source of daily contention for me. No food is exempt from entering me into this dreaded predicament - even water and my prenatal vitamins have me popping pink and purple Tums like I do my beloved pink and purple Sweet Tarts.

I am still loving a glass of apple juice first thing every morning, and have started sneaking a midnight snack. This baby has an increasingly growing appetite!

Big Brother Baker - Baker photobombed my bumpdates. Good golly, I love this kid something serious.


 
 
Sleep - I've heard it said that how you spend New Year's Eve is how you spend the whole year. I'm hoping Little Brother wasn't preparing me for a year of sleepless nights. He has decided the prime time for practicing his acrobatics is between three and five o'clock am. Oh angel baby, you have a lot to learn. 

Maternity Clothes - I am still making some non-maternity dresses and shirts work with leggings and maternity pants. It's a definite stretch (pun intended)!

Size of Baby - I read a few things this week. One reported the length of a banana, but when he's all curled up, a small cantaloupe!

Baby Name - He has a name, and not just Little Brother! We are sharing with our family this week and then its time to plaster it on all the things!

Gender - He's a he!!


What I Miss - I still struggle with this part. Yes, there are things I miss (sleep, why oh why have you forsaken me), but nothing so much as I love, love this incredible season.

Best Moment of the Week - I went into full on nesting mode this past week. Brian cleaned all of Baker's clothes out of the attic over Christmas break. I organized all of them into boxes by sizes and holidays and then we sorted them so they're ready to stock drawers and closets. I loved imagining a teensy baby body filling each frock, bibs secured around a little neck during feedings, and blankets swaddling while we snuggle.




We have so much to look forward to in this new year. His blessings for our growing family abound. All praise be to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than we could ever ask or imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment