Thursday, April 4, 2013

Me, Me, Me

For the most part, I blog about Baker, and Brian, and what it means to be a wife, mother, and child of Christ.

Surprisingly, I am very guarded, so you may not know a whole lot about me, especially if you're a new friend!

Here are a few random things I thought I would share.

1. I rearrange all the time. My office, my living room, my closet, my kitchen cabinets. It's a disease, really.

2. Brian and I have started a new Friday night tradition. Frozen pizza and a RedBox movie. This may be the greatest tradition ever. Glamorous, huh?

3. I am an ugly crier. Bad. Ugly. Crocodile tears. Red, splotchy face. Mascara running every witcha way. Body convulsing. I envy the people that can shed one blissful tear, dab it away and carry on about their day. Not me.

4. I am a grammar freak. And grammatical errors irk me to no end, so when I find one of my own, I contemplate cutting off my arm and vowing never again to produce another written work.

5. I love to read. Children's book. Devotionals. Sappy love stories. Suspense. My favorite thing to do is find one author and read everything he or she has written. I could spend hours at a time in the library. The smell of books and the sound of pages turning. Ahhh. Bliss. True story. Nerd alert.

6. I have these god awful sweatpants that I adore. They are cutoffs from high school. Only when these are in the laundry, does Brian volunteer for this chore. I think it's a ploy to have them mysteriously disappear. Not happening, hon! We're connected, these pants and I.

7. I am an obnoxious Alabama football fan. That's what I get for growing up in Tuscaloosa. I had no choice, not that I needed one. On any given Saturday in the fall, my day is full of game watching, tailgate sitting, food eating, Auburn bashing, pom pom shaking, memory making, glorious fun.

8. I still sleep with a blue pillow that my mom was given when she was pregnant with me. I was supposed to be a boy. Matthew Baker was going to be my name. And this blue pillow was for my baby bed. So, it's my duty to keep it in my bed now. It would be rude as a recipient of this now tattered pillow not to diligently tuck it beneath my head every single night. Hello, my name is Jennifer and I am a twenty-eight year old who still sleeps with her blue pillow.

I kept it short and sweet. Turns out, I would much rather blog about Baker, and Brian, and what it means to be a wife, mother, and child of Christ than random tidbits about me. I am one of the least interesting people you will ever meet. What makes me special are the people closest to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment