Sunday, December 16, 2012

Day of Silence

I found the list of children and teachers who lost their lives on Friday, December 14. I vowed to no longer call them victims, but to call them by name as I lifted them up in prayer to the only One who can bring healing and restoration and comfort to this town.
I tried.
I started.
I failed. 
I started again.
I called each child by name,
each teacher, principal, and school psychologist.
Charlotte, Daniel, Olivia, Josephine, Ana, Dylan, and Madeline. 
Catherine, Chase, Jesse, and James. 
Grace, and Emilie. 
Jack, Noah, Caroline, Jessica, Avielle, Benjamin, and Allison. 
Ms. Davino, Ms. Hochsprung, Ms. Murphy, Ms. Rousseau,
Ms. Sherlach, and Ms. Soto.
I prayed for their mothers, their fathers, their siblings, 
classmates and teachers, friends and community.
I wept.
I mourned.
I searched scripture and prayed hope into these families,
into this school, into this city, into this state, into this nation.
As I checked into Facebook today, I saw the pictures of these cherub-faced children.
My heart ached, and then God provided comfort, as He always does.
I thought of the dancing they are doing, the singing and rejoicing.
The chorus their voices have formed as they are reuniting with their Creator. 
What a joyous sound that must be.
"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14

No comments:

Post a Comment