Sunday, October 6, 2013

Raining on Sunday

 
My sweet little love is napping,
my sweet big love is scouring the Internet for the perfect house to make our home,
my sweet four legged love is playing in a mud puddle.
 
The rain is falling rhythmically on the roof.
Chili is simmering on the stove.
 
Praise songs from a morning of worship are dancing in my head.
Memories from time spent with those I love the most are creeping up, causing an embarrassingly goofy smile to take up residence on my face.
 
Life is good.
 
In the rushed weeks, the busy days, the deadlines, the piles of mail, the mounding laundry, the emails, I fail to reflect on that enough.
 
Life is good.
 
And I am thankful.
I am thankful for the good, but I am also thankful for the not so good.
The struggles, the worries, the trials.
The patience builders, the faith strengtheners, the hope growers.
 
Today, on this rainy day of rest, I am reflecting on the "I'm thankful fors" in my life.
 
These pictures capture some of the sweetest memories of the week with some of the ones for whom I am most thankful.

This angel brightens my every day.
I love the joy and excitement with which he approaches everything!
He is so curious right now.
And animated to the max (see video below).
I love me some Baker Bell!
 
 
 
Tis the season for fall appliques and blue jeans!
 
 
Even his pouty face melts me.

 
Brian and I took some us time this weekend.
Date night at the wine bar at Gianmarco's in Homewood.
So good! 

 
Oh, you know, just a typical car ride with this cheeseburger.
I love his little personality!
 
 
"I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.
Psalms 9:1
 
We love rainy Sundays 'round here.
You can see another rainy Sunday post here.
I cannot believe how much bigger my little is!


No comments:

Post a Comment