Sunday, September 22, 2013

Taste and see

My family was sitting in the living room late Saturday evening flipping between a few college football games. As we munched on yummies and shouted a few "Roll Tides," it was impossible not to notice the color of the sky permeating every corner of my parents' home.

The cheers for the game were muffled by our lips declaring the beauty of the Lord.

It was one of those nights, one of those scenes, where I almost felt removed. Watching from the outside in. Seeing my husband, my son, my parents all in the same room. Seeing His majesty evidenced in the heavens above and the earth below.

Taste and see that the Lord is good. And I did. And He is.

We did the unthinkable. We stepped away from the television. (Insert gasp). And walked outside to bask in His goodness.



 
 
There was twirling, football throwing, and baby catapulting. And then there were entire minutes of silence, as we all reflected on the majesty of our King.


"O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!"
Psalms 8:1
 
"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands."
Psalms 19:1

2 comments: