Sunday, September 28, 2014

No Bake Date and Nut Energy Bites


I have been boycotting granola bars and packaged foods in favor of making my own snacks.

Pinterest is boasting all the latest and greatest in the health food craze, and energy bites are here, there, and everywhere!

I have tried several of the recipes on Pinterest, and like them all just fine. But couldn’t quite find the taste I was searching. So, I made my own and y’all, they are divine!

These are great as a morning or afternoon snack, coupled with hot coffee for breakfast on the go, or a healthy midnight snack.

 

Here’s What You’ll Need:

1 cup Old Fashioned Oats

1 cup Natural Peanut Butter (I prefer crunchy)

½ cup chopped dates

2 Tbsp. chia seeds

2 Tbsp. honey

Here’s how to make this scrumptious treat:

1.    Scoop peanut butter into bowl. Heat for 45 seconds in the microwave. Add all other ingredients. Stir until all are incorporated.

2.    Spoon by rounded teaspoonful onto plate.

3.    Refrigerate until ready to serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment