Saturday, August 4, 2012

Nana, Nana, Bo-fana

Growing up, I considered it the ultimate compliment for someone to say to me,
"You remind me so much of Susan,"
or
"That's just like your momma would have done it,"
or
"You look just like your mother."

Of course it was the ultimate compliment;
I mean, just look at her.


 


As a mother, I still it consider the ultimate compliment for someone to say

"You remind me so much of Susan,"
or
"That's just like your momma would have done it,"
or
"You look just like your mother."

I pray that I am a fraction of the mother to my sweet Baker that my mother was to me.

When I count my blessings, having a mother who was always there for me, who led me to Christ, who loved me unconditionally, who put the needs of her family before her needs, who was not only my mother, but my best friend is at the top of my list.

My mom is the greatest mom, so it's no wonder, she is a fabulous Nana!







And my Baker Boy sure does love his Nana!

When I stay home with Baker for the day, I am lucky to eat lunch. But when Nana visits, my house is cleaned, supper is cooked, laundry is done, and she even keeps Baker fed, dressed, and smiling!

She has always been a superwoman, of sorts.
Some things never change.

Her presence brightens our home.

Everytime she visits, she brings something new for her one and only grand,
her pride and joy.

I had been obsessing over dropping little hints about an exercise ball after seeing Noah use one for therapy. Being the intuitive grandmother she is, she arrived with ball in hand!

Here's how they spent their day.

Needless to say, my Baker Boy slept through the night after Nana's visit.

We're all a little better after a visit from my dear mother,
Brian's "Mama Suze,"
Baker's Nana.
She is a blessing, a true gift, the mother I hope to be.

"All I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother."
Abraham Lincoln

2 comments:

  1. I've always admired your mom and how she makes everything seem so easy.

    ReplyDelete