Friday, August 17, 2012

Favorite Things Friday

It's the weekend, y'all!

Baker and I survived our first week back at school!
He did much better than I.
Whoever said Day One is the hardest day of
dropping your baby off at school
never went back for Day Two.
Tough stuff!
I was a blubbering mess.
True Story.
Waterproof mascara, prayers, encouragement, and pictures of my baby boy were my saving grace.
I'm glad I don't have to do it again for two whole days.



We have no plans for the weekend.
Actually, we do: we have serious plans to camp out
in our pajamas and catch up on Baker time!
I, for one, couldn't be more excited.
Our weekends sure have changed, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

We went to Children's Hospital for Baker's monthly checkup yesterday.
We are still awaiting the results of his bloodwork,
but are confident his labs will reveal what we already know:
our growing boy is healthy and thriving!
Baker now weighs 13.1 pounds and is 24 inches long.
Our itty bitty is now a chunky monkey.
For those of you keeping up, he gained 4 pounds in 5 weeks!
Go, Bake, Go!


Oh my at the pure deliciousness of those baby rolls!

 


I don't think there has ever been a more beautiful, more angelic baby.
I am so thankful he is mine.



 On this day, I am rejoicing!
God is so faithful!
We are so blessed!

6 comments:

  1. Don't you just love those baby rolls? I don't want Emma Ramey to ever lose them (but I'm pretty sure she would disagree in about 15 years. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. L-O-V-E them!! She'll lose them by then; for now, bring on the baby blub!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog (looking at blog designs from Leslie Lambert) and, well, I read the whole thing!! Can't wait to follow along! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! I'm so glad you are along for the ride!

      Delete
  4. That last picture brought me to tears. I don't know who he is looking at, but there is just something about the way he is gazing into their eyes that is so precious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it sweet? It's for sure one of my new favorite pictures!

      Delete