Friday, July 6, 2012

Boldness

I love blogs! I live in somewhat of a blogger's dream world; the kind where you get all of the benefit without doing any of the work. I don't actually blog...not yet, at least. Instead, I've lived on the other side. I love to read people's blogs and live vicariously through them. In my blogger's Utopia, Kelle, Stephanie, Jen, the Loerke's, Kelly, Rick, Ree, and I are fast friends. It's a good life!

I have threatened to start a blog many times. I love to write. I have always loved to write. From doodling my name, to leaving love notes in my husband's sock drawer, to writing cheesy poems for my students at school, I love to write. Despite my love for the written word, I was afraid of the boldness of a blog. So, rather than putting my thoughts and dreams and daily life out there for all to see, I opted instead for a journal. The kind that stays tucked neatly in my bedside table. The kind that is for my eyes only. The kind that is raw and honest. That way, if my thoughts are not perfect, if my dreams don't come true, if my daily life is not glamorous, no one will know. Journals are safe. That's the way I like things. Safe. Easy. Predictable. Planned. Organized.

Fortunately, the God I serve does not live within these confines. He has not called me to live my life in the secrecy of a journal, but rather with the boldness of a blog. So, here I am, stepping way out of my comfort zone to share a glimpse of our lives. I have to warn you, it's not perfect, it's not glamorous, but it is my dream come true.

1 comment:

  1. Aaagghhh!! I love it. I CANNOT wait to read about it! Your honesty and pure heart is amazing! Way to step out of the box friend!!!

    ReplyDelete