Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter

My brain is running in a thousand different directions.
Not uncommon for a Sunday night.
There are thoughts of what everyone will wear on Monday,
and what we will have for breakfast, lunch, and supper.
There are thoughts of schedules and school.
There are thoughts of setting alarms and preparing my house for the upcoming week.
But no matter the chaos that is my brain at any given moment, my heart is content.
My heart is still.
My heart is worshipping.
My heart cannot forsake the cross.
 
I see it so vividly.
Not the cross we have come to see as a charm on a necklace or emblazoned on a shirt.
But the cross the Bible portrays.
The cross where Jesus was nailed.
The cross where His blood was shed.
The cross where thorns pierced His head.
The cross where sorrow and love flowed.
The cross where He was bruised and beaten and shamed and scorn.
The cross where my sins crucified my Savior.
The cross where He cried out to heaven, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit."
The cross of Calvary.
The cross of death.
 
Oh the wondrous cross.
Thank you for the cross, Lord.
 
Amazing grace,
how sweet the sound that saved me, the very worst wretch.
 
This beautiful Easter weekend, we celebrated a risen Lord with our family.
 Praise Jesus for an empty tomb!
 
 
 









 
"He is not here, He is risen!"
He is risen indeed!
 

2 comments:

  1. He's so adorable. I'm glad you and your family had a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! It looks like you had a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete