Thursday, April 10, 2014

Challenged

I am challenging myself to becoming more of a yes mom.

Yes, you can feed yourself oatmeal. Before school. And make a mess.
Yes, we will sing "Wheels on the Bus" for the forty-eighth time. With hand motions.
Yes, we can high five everyone on the way into school. Yes, he can get ten. Yes, she can get thirty.
Yes, I will kiss you goodbye one more time before I leave for work. Yes. Yes. Yes.
Yes, we can stop at our favorite park on the way home.
Yes, I will push you higher.
Yes, you can ride on my shoulders to check the mailbox.
Yes, we will check it one more time just to make sure he didn't come again as we were sorting today's loot.
Yes, we can stay outside five more minutes. Okay, six.
Yes, we can walk around the block one more time.
Yes, you can smell those flowers.
Yes, we can have a picnic on the living room floor.
Yes, we can build a fort out of couches, blankets, and throw pillows.
Yes, we can read that book, too.
Yes, we can blow bubbles in the bathtub.
Yes, I will chase you around the house in the tug of war bonanza it takes to put on your pajamas.
Yes, I will rock you a little longer.
Yes, I will sing your favorite lullaby.
Yes, my darling love, I will love you through the night and we will do it all again tomorrow.

Yes becomes more difficult when I am tired.
When shortcuts are easy.
When the days are long.
When I'm wishing for the weekend.
When my brain hurts from thinking so many thinks.

I am a better mom when I am a better me.

I am a better me when I am healthy.
When I am rested.
When I eat well.
When I am energized.

So, here goes.

Starting April 21, I am taking the Advocare 24 Day Challenge.
Twenty-four days of being a yes mom.
Twenty-four days of being a healthy me.
Twenty-four days of fun!
And, I've even gotten my husband to join the party!



If you are interested in learning more about Advocare or joining us on the 24 Day Challenge, you can visit my Advocare site https://www.advocare.com/130853419/. I'd love to have several friends go through the Challenge with us. We can share ideas and recipes, hold each other accountable, and say YES!!

1 comment: