Sunday, January 5, 2014

Delight my soul



This verse feels like my favorite plush blanket, tucked neatly around me,
as I am curled in my favorite corner of our couch, a cup of steaming hot cocoa teeming with marshmallows in hand, with the fire place aglow in front of me,
keeping the room cozy and my toes extra toasty.
 
This verse is one I pull out and snuggle up with on dreary days,
on days when my attitude is less than sunny,
when my worries outnumber my joys,
when my fears abound,
when I am anxious and afraid.

It comforts.
It encourages.
It provides solace, and sunshine, and rest.
 
"When my anxious thoughts multiply, your consolations delight my soul."
Psalms 94:19
 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. David had his well baby visit yesterday, and I was a nervous, anxious mess about his CBC. Your post was a reminder of God's goodness and faithfulness since David's birth. His CBC was perfect. I wish your family the best in this new year and look forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete