Friday, September 28, 2012

Favorite Things Friday

Happy Friday, Friends!
 
Today is a special day.
On this day one year ago, I found out my
dreams of becoming a mommy were coming true.
What an incredible day that was.
I remember everything about that morning.
 
I remember the sound of my alarm that signaled the morning.
Knowing it would be the morning, the morning I would take the test.
It was different on that morning.
I had started taking tests with dread, with anxiety.
It was almost a duty.
Already knowing the results, but confirming them with one sad solitary line.
But not that morning.
That morning was different.
The plan was for me to take the test,
and then go get back in bed for Brian to read the results.
And so I did.
I tiptoed to the restroom, carefully peeled back the familiar foil wrapper.
Read the instructions, like I hadn't memorized them from months of testing unsuccessfully.
Then carefully, diligently, followed them.
I left the test lying lonely on the counter, and nestled myself in
my husband's protective arms.
Together we prayed.
Prayed that whatever the results, God's grace would be sufficient.
We prayed, all the while watching the green numbers of the clock.
The dreadful numbers that usually summoned us from slumber,
now invited us to dream.
I remained in the bed, cocooned in the mountain of covers.
Brian turned the light on, although I think he could have seen those two pink lines in the blinding darkness.
His face aglow.
He was so proud.
We cried, we laughed, we prayed, we praised!

As I went about my day today, those precious memories came flooding back, and were a wonderful reminder of God's faithfulness.
On this Friday, I am so thankful for that Wednesday that I found out I was going to be a mommy to this little.
 

 
I am also so thankful for love,
your love.
In my unknowing, I had an all-consuming fear when Baker was born, that people would love him differently.
It doesn't happen very often, but I was wrong.
I was big time wrong.
 
Baker is so loved.
The emotions people experience when they interact with Baker
are nothing short of incredible.
Eyes light up, hearts melt, spirits soar.
It's a beautiful thing.
 
I feared committing to this Buddy Walk.
As I have mentioned before, I am a bit of a perfectionist, and was scared of failing.
What if no one signed up?
What if we set a goal, and fell far short?
I get so caught up in the what-ifs of life.
 
This love, though, ensured that wouldn't happen.
People that I've never met, people I haven't seen since high school,
friends of friends, long lost family,
everyone is getting on board and loving on our baby.
As far as I have counted, we haven't yet met our goal.
But we are this close!
 
On this Friday, and everyday, one of my absolute favorite things is how my boy is loved.
It blesses my heart.
We are better because of you.
 
Shameless plug:
Team Baker t-shirts for the Buddy Walk are still for sale.
I will be selling them through October 4.
If you would like to buy one to help support Team Baker, please comment on this post and we will work out details.
Shirts will be picked up on October 10, just in time for the Buddy Walk on October 14.
If you'd like more details on how to get involved in the Buddy Walk, click here.
 
Here's the back:
 
Go Team Baker!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment