Monday, June 15, 2015

Barrett is One Month Old!

Dear James Barrett,

Just one short month ago, your daddy and I were checking into the hospital preparing to meet you. We were still wondering if you would have your daddy's beautiful green eyes, or your mommy's nose, or your big brother's extra kissable lips.

My sweet boy, this has been the fastest and the sweetest 31 days of my life.

You have changed our lives in the most incredible way. Our hearts have doubled in size to know a love that can only be described as utterly indescribable.



You love to eat, and you keep me on a tight schedule. I prayed and prayed about breastfeeding you.
I wanted it so badly, and my precious angel, you do it so naturally. It is such a blessing and has bonded us in the most incredible way. You like to eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours during the day, and go almost a 4 hour stretch during the night. It's no wonder you're growing like a weed!


 
 
Just like your big brother, you love bath time! When you were first born, you just sat and soaked in the warm water while I bathed each of your wonderfully made parts. But now, you kick in delight and wriggle with each splash.
 
You have started holding your head up and turning it from side to side. You love to lay on your daddy's chest and pull up and squirm until your cheeks are touching. You love attention. You want to be held and we eagerly oblige. You love when others talk and sing to you and around you. You are so attentive and want to be included in everything, except when you sleep. And boy, you still love your sleep. It would be so easy to lay you down for your naps, but I just cannot. You spend most of your naps snuggled in my arms with me just watching you sleep. It's such a beautiful, fleeting sight, and I don't want to miss a single breath.
 


 
 
You are crazy about your big brother, Baker, and he is crazy about you! He would hold you all day if we would let him. He loves to share his favorite books to you. He kisses your forehead a gazillion times a day. And you coo the most joy-filled sounds when he sings "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands." One of my life's greatest gifts is getting to see him love you. I cannot wait to watch you two grow together.
 


 
 
Little Bear, as you have been affectionately named, are what we never knew our family was missing. You fit our family so perfectly and I am so grateful God chose you for us.
 
 
I love you,
Mama

 

Monthly Stats

Weight: 11 lbs 3 oz
Height: 24 inches
Diaper Size: ones (you outgrew NB while in the hospital)
Clothes: newborn and 0-3 Month


1 comment: