Thursday, May 19, 2016

It's a Par-TEE!

I now have a four year old and a one year old.
Excuse me while I uncurl myself from the fetal position.
 
What a wonderful whirlwind of a week it's been.
 
On Wednesday, Baker turned FOUR!
We had a fabulous celebration of all things HIM!

 
If anybody knows how to celebrate, it's Baker Bell.
 
Boy knows how to party.
 
And yes, that's a brownie for breakfast.
But I did slather natural peanut butter on it, because everybody knows we need protein for breakfast.
And chocolate comes from cocoa, which is a tree, that makes it a plant.
Chocolate is a salad.
So even though it was his birthday, he had salad topped with extra protein.
 
Because, Mom of the Year.
 
We also celebrated his teacher, Mrs. Nicole, who shares his special day!
We love her fiercely!



Then, despite all my pleas and begs, Barrett turned ONE on Sunday!

 
Talk about hitting a momma where it hurts.
Two birthdays in four days.
Ouch.
 
I still remember my ninth grade Biology teacher telling me it was a woman's perogative to change her mind. And by golly, I am all woman and put this to the test every single day.
 
It still baffles my ever-loving crazy mom mind that this idea stuck.
 
On May 17, 2015, we were released from the hospital to bring Barrett home.
On the way home, I said these exact words to Brian,
"Next year, we can totally have their parties together and even though I don't know the first thing about golf, let's do a golf theme.
Barrett's hole in ONE and Baker is FORE.
We can call it a Par-Tee, you know, "par" "tee.
Get it?
We can have Arnold Palmers to drink and club sandwedges,
and chips and mac and tees.
It's gonna be so fun."
 
I really amazed myself at all of the golf puns my sleep-deprived-hopped-up-on-new-baby-hormones  brain was producing. I would have high fived myself and done a little skip if all my nether regions didn't feel like they had just been run over by a Mack truck after delivering every single delectable ounce of a nine pound juicy baby boy.
Instead, I think I cried. "But I don't want him to turn one. And Baker, I'm not letting him turn four.
Why do they have to grow up? Why does time have to go so fast. It seems like he was just born yesterday."
 
Mind you, this was two days after he was born.
I still had 364 days to come to grip with this. 
Praise all things good and holy for Leap Years. 
 
My precious husband didn't know what to do.
Calm the screaming baby in the backseat,
throw me some Xanax,
or leap from the moving vehicle and sacrifice scratches and scars for sanity.
 
Fortunately, he didn't jump and I survived birthdays one and four.
 
And a whole year later, we did just that.
We had a Golf Par-TEE for our boys.
 
Baker is FORE and Barrett's hole in ONE!
 
It was perfect.
or PARfect.
 


 

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
   

 
 

 

 
  
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
  

 
 
 

  

 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
    

 
 
Caddy Buffet:
Cupcakes - Vanilla Cupcakes with Toppers
Chip Shots - Bags of Chips
Club Sandwedges - Ham and Turkey Club Sandwiches
Par-Faits - Key Lime Parfaits
Birdie Nuggets - Chick-fil-A Nuggets Platter 
 
Party Favors:
Thank you for Playing a Round with Us tags on bagged personalized cookies
 
Printables: Amy Tippins at One Good Name 
Photographer: Corey Morrison
Birthday Outfits: Sew Whimsy
Cupcakes and Smashcakes: Publix
Location: The Rise School
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment