Friday, February 20, 2015

Twenty-Seven Weeks


 
Baker's belly, now and forevermore, will win all of the awards for all of the cutest bellies in all of the lands.
 
What I’m Eating

A whole lot of everything.

My indigestion is out of control, and since no food makes it any better or worse, I have been eating it all. And the scales at the doctor this week confirmed just that.
 
I’m just gonna throw it out there, having to weigh in and take a glucose test the week after Valentine’s is just not nice. A pregnant girl should be able to enjoy a few dark chocolate truffle hearts without worry of an increase in a few, okay a few more than a few, pounds. If Valentine’s Day isn’t for a pregnant lady so hopped on lovey dovey hormones, then who it is for anyhow?

Big Brother Baker

This week, the thought of loving another boy, and replacing Baker as my baby has weighed heavily. How, when my love for him permeates to all the corners of my heart, can there be room to love another? I know it happens. My heart will grow, and I will wonder how I ever entertained such a preposterous thought. But for today, the thought persists. And because of it, I will squeeze him a little tighter, rock him a little longer, and savor him occupying so many morsels of my mommy heart until Little Brother arrives.
 
William Baker Bell, I love you to the moon and back.
 

 
 

Sleep

Meh. Not awful, not great. Just meh.

Maternity Clothes

I am still making a lot of non-maternity tops and dresses work, but am strictly in maternity pants and leggings. A friend sent me a post on Pinterest this past week. It's titled, "How Not to Shop in the Maternity Department." It inspired me to be more creative with my wardrobe. I have resorted to a lot of billowy tops and other nonconforming things that don’t touch me. Anywhere.

I loved a lot of these looks. This week I even busted out of my belt-wearing discomfort zone. I got so many compliments, and I lot of “Whoa! You’re pregnant!” looks and comments too. Elementary students will say anything. I sorta crazy love that about them.   

I don’t know why I have strayed away from bump-baring outfits in favor of shirts so tent-like, Columbia could sell them with their camping gear. I love when women show off their pregnant bellies! Here's to making the last trimester more fun and fashionable!
 
Size of Baby

Big! I feel like I am about as big now at 27 weeks as I was when Baker was born at 36 weeks.

Little Brother is the size of an eggplant, about 13 ½ inches long, and weighs over 2 pounds.

Baby’s Name

James Barrett

Gender

BOY!

What I Miss

Nada. There is nothing I miss as much as I am loving every second of all of this.

Best Moment of the Week

On Thursday, I had my glucose test and PASSED!! The best part of the visit was getting to hear my sweet boy’s heartbeat. It is positively the most beautiful sound in all the world.

And, I’ve started doctor visits every two weeks! Cheers to that!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment